Sydney Perl Mongers
Mailing list: sydney-pm
Meetings: (ad hoc basis), nominally 6:00pm, 2nd Tuesday of every month
Group leader: Stephen Steneker (aka Stennie)
Upcoming Sydney Perl Mongers meetings: Tuesday, May 2nd, 6:30pm. Broadway.
Jacinta Richardson presents Perl Programming Best Practices.
Note: Sydney.pm meetings may be varied to accommodate visiting presenters; please subscribe to the Sydney.pm mailing list for latest meeting announcements.
A list of some Sydney.PM members can be seen at Sydney.PM Users.
Some CPAN contributions from local mongers:
- ADAMK: CPAN Admin, and 143 modules (and counting...)
- ASAVIGE: Acme::EyeDrops
- GAVINC: HTML::Tabulate, HTML::BreadCrumbs, List::MRU, ...
- KIMRYAN: Lingua::EN::AddressParse, Lingua::EN::NameParse, ...
- PCOLLINS: HTTP::DAV
- TONYC: Imager
- cheap custom essays
- essay writing help
- write my research paper
The Sydney perl monger group was founded by Kim Ryan in 1998 and eventually adopted by Stennie circa 2001. Having survived a few periods of feverish activity and drought since then, the group has now settled into a monthly meeting schedule. Meetings usually involve food and a tipple at the local pub, with some group presentations depending on available space, interest, and presentation volunteers.
Some notable guest presenters from overseas:
- Karen Pauley (March 2009) from the Perl Foundation.
- Audrey Tang (December, 2005) : Pugs
- Stas Bekman (June, 2005): mod_perl2 tutorial
- Robert Spier (March, 2005): perl.org adminstration, revision control systems
- Ken Williams (October, 2002): AI::Categorizer
- Dave Cross (October, 2002): newly appointed chief perl monger
- essay writing
- research paper
For a list of past meetings please see (not always updated):